Use the link below to register and become a part of the Jivamukti Yoga Family. We are interested in all of you, not just how good you can do yoga poses. We treat the body, mind and spirit and use practices that push us forward to liberation while living.
As a path to enlightenment through compassion for all beings, Jivamukti Yoga is grounded in the original meaning of the Sanskrit word asana as “seat, connection” – relationship to the Earth. Earth implies all of life.
SUNDAY JULY 12 6-8PM
$25 Advance $30 Day of Event
Would you like to have a playful attitude with your inversions? Join BBoy (Breakdancer) Alex Febreaks and Yogi Julie Kirkpatrick for a special fusion class of breakdancing and yoga, focussing on inversions. We will learn some of the work out techniques of break dancing used to strengthen the body to be able to play in inversions and have ample opportunity to practice inversions.
$325 Early Bird $375 after Aug 4
In each workshop we'll cover:
- The 4 phases of an assist
- The difference between ‘assisting’ and ‘correcting’.
- How to identify the type of assist that will be most beneficial to individual students
- How to ground yourself along with your student in order to offer assists that are safe for both of you
- How to use props as part of an assist
- Various assists for frequently-practiced poses
- How to link clear verbal cues to hands-on assists
- How to use your eyes and your voice while giving assists
- Things to avoid when you’re giving hands-on assists
- How to refine hands-on assists that you already offer